Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Winter is the time for knitting

It has been raining not stop all day long. My husband even brought home photo of the hail that fell where he works.

Perfect weather for winter pursuits .... like knitting. I wait eagerly all year for the cooler weather. Impatience to start knitting is probably part of the reason I get so irritable when Winter takes in time in getting here.

This year I decided to knit some baby items for a friends' newborn granddaughter and got a little carried away with the 'bite-size' fun of baby bootees.

They only take an evening to whip up. Problem is they take almost as long to sew together!

Finally I convinced myself I must face the music, or rather the bootees, and, after several failed attempts, I have one finished bootee.

one finished bootee


one more to go

The pattern is Saartje's Bootees. The first free pattern on the right-hand side of the page.

2 comments:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

I always get jealous of knitters this time of year; one of these years I'll just have to learn myself.

Love the bootees! Great color!

SabraP said...

Shalom

I do find knitting relaxing.

The only annoying thing is that I finally learnt to knit when I moved to a hot country where my knitting time is quite restricted.

The colour is not my normal choice, I'm a purple person, but it does look attractive when knitted up.

There are plenty of good websites out there with knitting tutorials when you get the time to learn.